Feb 13, 2011

My Husband Sucks

He spends too much time at work
He doesn't fold the laundry the way I like
He leaves toothpaste spit in the sink
He plays too rough with the boys
He's not romantic enough
He this
He that
nah nah nah

I am exceptionally hard on my husband.  It's not one or two things either, it's everything!
Things that are in his control
Things that aren't
Things he didn't read my mind and do before I asked him to
Things I asked him to do and he didn't
or the WORST
Things he didn't do the way I wanted them done!


Now really, my husband is AWESOME and I am coming to realize that I am not fair in 99% of my complaints.  He is after all, human, and I can be a psycho bitch difficult on occasion.  I try not to take things for granted in my life and damn it, THINGS ARE GOOD!

While I think he should be able to leave work everyday at noon, he has the type of work ethic that won't allow him to do things half-assed.  He cares too much sometimes but when it really comes down to it, he wouldn't be who he is if he didn't care the way he does.  He looks after his troops as though they were his little brothers and sisters.  He wants whats best for them professionally, personally and he expects the best from them.  He inspires people to follow him and earns respect.  I love the fact that he has stories to share about his day when he comes home.  I love that he asks my advice.

I have absolutely no room for complaining about his housework abilities.  Actually, quite the opposite.  Handsome does a lot around here, especially when you consider that I'm home all day and technically, housework should be my responsibility.  He's really good with not complaining about the condition of the house when I haven't done shit get behind.  (he probably wants to say something but realizes that it's in his best interest not too) Not to say he's perfect.  He does leave his fair share of mess, but in reality, I don't think it's any more than the mess I leave in my wake.  I think I notice his more because well, I didn't make it.  If I make a mess, I know in the back of my mind that I have to come back and clean it up (eventually).  I will give him credit too, when I have called him on something silly, like not putting out fresh TP, he puts forth effort to improve.

One of the things I appreciate most is how he spends time with the boys even after being at work all day.  It would be so easy for him to come home and shoo them away because he was too tired to be bothered.  We have talked on many occasions about how being a stay at home parent can be like living at work.  You are on duty 24/7/365 and work follows you everywhere, goes with you everywhere, even the bathroom!  I think he is one of the only men I have ever met that GETS it!  He fully and truly understands that I love my job but I need a little time off each day.  He plays with the boys when he gets home and helps get them ready for bed every night.  On the weekend, he's up early with them while I'm sleeping in.  Which is Glorious! Spending time with his children when I'm not home is not babysitting, it's PARENTING! (I think if more men understood this simple concept when they first became fathers, there would be a lot more happy mothers in the world)

Handsome does a great job being my best friend.  He listens to me when I have crazy ideas or need to vent.  There is a lot I don't talk about, and he seems to know when I'm just not going to talk.  He is great about asking for instructions when he doesn't know what I want.  He's asked me on more than one occasion, "Do you want me to just listen?  Do you want me to break something? Do you want me to fix something? Do you want me to hug you?  Whatever it is, I'll do it, I just need to be clear on what you want me to do."  I laugh at that, but seriously, how many men are smart enough to ask?

I get frustrated that sometimes he's not more perceptive but I gotta give it to him, he has been honest with me.  He told me years ago, he does not get hints.  Subtlety will not work with him.  If I want something or need something from him, I have to say it, directly and without all the crazy woman code.  Sometimes, it's harder than it may seem but when he has been that straight forward with me, how can I argue when he doesn't pick up something that I've only alluded to?  I am getting better at clueing him in though.  Like a teacher in school that stomps their foot during a test review when the important topics are covered.  I'm thinking we can meet in the middle on this one.  I'll give him good, clear, fair, hints and he'll realize eventually that I'M NOT REALLY HINTING!    

At the end of every day, I realize how lucky I am. I may get frustrated with the silliness of day to day life but I know I have what most people only dream about.  I have a man in my life that treats me with respect and kindness.  He loves me and lets me know it with both words and actions.  He is honest, works hard and is the kind of father every child should have.  He provides for our family in every sense of the word.  I am blessed and I know it.  (It totally doesn't hurt that he's sexy as hell either) 





My favorite wedding photo.  Yummy!  I could just eat him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment